You only have one chance to make a FIRST impression in an interview.
- You have thoroughly researched the company, the people you’ll be meeting, and the role for which you are interviewing. Preparation is key here. Know what you want and who you’ll be talking with. The internet is your friend.
- You are prepared to talk about your attributes and how they relate to the job and the company.
- You have answers for common interview questions, such as “what are your strengths and weaknesses?” “What was your greatest achievement at your last company?” “How well do you work with others?”
- You listen to what is being asked by the interviewer(s). Taking notes is appropriate and often shows your interest and attention. You practice interviewing with a friend, or even with yourself in front of a mirror. Smile!
- You are mentally prepared and relaxed. Listen to your favorite music, meditate, or just breathe.
- You dress appropriately. Overdressing is much better than underdressing.
- You have a confident handshake and look them in the eye.
- You know where you are going – take a test drive the day before the interview. And don’t be late.
Overall, be confident! Be enthusiastic! You’ve got this!